Faith is taking the first step even when you cant see the whole staircase- Martin Luther King Jr.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Grateful

Working full time and maintaining a home can be a neverending process. I feel very blessed to finally have a life partner who shares the load with me. He never complains when a homecook meal is not made and quickly says he can find something to eat or I was a bachelor before you came along and didnt starve...lol...but I love to cook for my family and we try to sit down together for a meal which can be hard. I am trying new recipes and channeling my mother at times..hahaha. I always try to have something sweet baked too...my hubby has a sweet tooth and when the craving hits watch out..lol. The owners of the house actually had someone come into clean every two weeks and my husband and I have decided we may budget her in for us as well. I never thought I would have a cleaning person but for us its worth it...I just dont want to spend my days off scrubbing and not being with my family. It is still in the works but hoping in works out at least for a little while. My husband is never sitting still and I woke up to the laudry not only being cleaned but folded!! Small blessings for sure. So saturday my hubby let me get spoiled and I had a mini spa day. I found a wonderful place (see the link) http://www.beyondbeautycapecod.com/ and got an hour massage then a haircut and of course my eyebrows done...things we do to maintain our beauty..lol..next will be facial and pedicure with hair color but have to pace myself!! And last but not least my hubby finally approved (hahah..more allowed in the budget) our new sectional from pottery barn! I fell in love with it in the store as soon as i laid back in it! It is the pb comfort set and it is deeper and so roomy!! The way our living room is set up we needed a comfortable place for abby and I to lounge. Gary has his lazy boy!! So thankful for alot of things so far!! The couch is a beige and a bit darker than below but we bought the inserts for the couch pillows so we can change out the pillow covers for different seasons! They have some nice ones with birds that I might have to get..lol..see after the couch pictures for my choices so far...so many to choose! I love the Christmas ones too!! And of course the added touch of Cape cod!!!










2 comments:

  1. Nice little spa day!

    And,..I'll take one each of those bird pillows. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your new couch in use by you and Abby!

    I'm definitely grateful for my husband also, God does allow us to have "the desires of our hearts" doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete