Faith is taking the first step even when you cant see the whole staircase- Martin Luther King Jr.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Day in MA!!




So our first Thanksgiving was a success! During the day there were a few minor aches for family and hugs from little people (nephews) and shopping trips to Big lots with my sister in law, but over all we enjoyed our day of relaxtion (well really not after cooking too much food) Abby helped make the homemade rolls a success and I have to say I was a bit proud that they turned out so well...although my moms will always taste better!!! Gary was a huge help and manned the turkey!! Later with a skype visit to family back home we all crashed and watched Charlies Brown thanksgiving and called it a day!!!

So the table was started and Abbys blue plate arrived safely from Ohio. She was almost tearful when she opened it up and saw her plate!!
The homemade roll process began. All those years of being in the kitchen paid off for Abby. She gave me instructions on the proper rolling of dough and she twisted the rolls. Notice my moms bowl:) I did also realize that I dont have nearly enough of the right equipment in my kitchen to be a baker or a cook!! I dont take after my mother or my aunt Betsy of course!!! I wish I had their bake/cook gene!!




And a thumbs up from the expert. Four rolls eaten later from her, I guess they turned out good!!!
And of course Gary decided to fore go the kitchen during roll time and do computer time!

And the plate looks surprisingly just like HOME!!

And when all was said and eaten...I put my feet up in front of the fire with my glass of wine, while my wonderful (much like my father) husband, cleaned up the kitchen and then some (laundry was done and folded when I woke up for work on Friday Am) I am truly Thankful!!! and blessed beyond more than I deserve:) God is Good all the time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! Your plate of food looks perfect! We're still enjoying leftovers. Monday we'll be ready for something different. Italian sounds good after all this American stuff. ha.

    ReplyDelete