Faith is taking the first step even when you cant see the whole staircase- Martin Luther King Jr.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

MARTHAS VINEYARD

So the weekend on the Cape was suppose to be a perfect Indian Summer couple of days and so I wanted to do something to get out and enjoy with Abby. So we drove about 25mins to the next town over (Falmouth) and found a sort of hidden place to park (for free) its near a bike path and along the ocean..a local friend shared this with me and actually took me there earlier in the week so I knew where to go!! So Abby and I parked and walked along the ocean on the bike path for about a mile then ate a yummy lunch at Woods Hole (thats the town in Falmouth that the steamship authority runs out of)..then hopped on the ferry and headed out for a very beautiful and relaxing 45min ride on the ferry. Abby loved it and thought it was great that dogs were aboard as well as the motorcycles and cars beneath:) Next time we are going to bring our bikes because the walking was a bit much!! So we arrived to the Vineyard and enjoyed the off season crowd (not as crowded this time of year so much more relaxing) visited some shops and in every one, found something I had to have:) Made a starfish necklace...I was in a store called BeadNiks (my aunt Betsy would have loved it and thought of her the whole time). Found out about more ways to enjoy the island and see more for the next time we come over ( might have to bring the Harley with Gary and enjoy the scenary). So for a few hours we felt blessed to be able to enjoy a place that so many people choose for their vacation destinations and it is only a hop skip and a ferry ride away. The only thing missing were my mom and dad but especially my mom...in every shop my thoughts went to my mom and how she would love this or that and wish I was sharing the day with her... you never know what the future holds:) Abby was wiped out and my muscles are aching and sore but we had a perfect girls day out at the vineyard!!































No comments:

Post a Comment