Faith is taking the first step even when you cant see the whole staircase- Martin Luther King Jr.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Little Home


So we are country music fans in our house and Rascal Flatts is among the favorites. They have a new CD out and we have it of course and when this song came on..you guessed it, I cried..lol...it just said what I have been feeling for a while...only a few more months until I get to see and be around my family!!! So excited and cant wait to go over that bridge off the Cape!! Sometimes you do just need a little home...the end of the song says it best for me..no matter where you roam or how grown you are....sometimes we all need a little home. So thankful for the home and childhood my parents gave us growing up...wouldnt trade it for the world! Every childhood memory for me is a wonderful one, full of vivid times I will never forget: from riding bikes on harbison road and using the mailboxes as stop signs, gettin my frst banna seat bike (hidden at the neighbors of course) and riding thinking my dad had the back still and realizing I was finally doing it on my own, to popcorn or homemade ice cream on a blanket in the back yard after our sat nite shower/hairwash before sun church and then watching The wonderful world of disney or waltons or little house..lol, to playing kickball, softball, any ball with all the kids in the neighbor hood and coming in right at dark time, and for me....
this pic means the most to me from my childhood...because...in our backyard was a swing and i would sit on that swing at night and listen to either music or nothing and look at the stars, but would look back in this window (on the house in harbison) and see not only the light on, but my father reading a book and knowing without any doubt that I am loved, safe and now after looking back, no matter what I did that my parents would always be there and love me no matter what....that is a memory i go too alot as time moves on..and very fast I might add...okay so now back to today:) the laundry needs done and the house needs cleaned...man sometimes i want to go back in time a be a kid...lol...

1 comment: